Croak & Dagger Short Story Challenge
Welcome to the Croak & Dagger Short Story Challenge!
All Croak & Dagger members are invited to finish a short story inspired by a Charles Schultz Peanuts cartoon republished September 2, 2016 in the Albuquerque Journal.
- Snoopy begins the story at his typewriter:
“It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out!”
- Snoopy pauses for inspiration, then adds:
“The maid screamed. A door slammed.”
- Gripped by inspiration, Snoopy adds:
“Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon.”
- Snoopy grins, thinking ‘this twist in the plot will baffle my readers’.
- The challenge is open to members of Croak & Dagger
- Your story must begin with Snoopy’s opening lines
- Email your story to email@example.com
- All entries will be published here on our blog
- Challenge runs until October 31, 2016